Creativity takes on many shapes and forms.
|Posted by thatcircleguy on July 28, 2012 at 12:10 AM||comments (1049)|
Going through an archive and found these early paintings from 98/99?
Taken on a flash (for it's time) 1.4 Megapixel digital camera.
Taken from my jigsaw!
Great monochrome given to my friend Claudine.
Blue room that could be viewed like this.......
One point perspective room in red , the same as above......
or as above.
|Posted by thatcircleguy on October 6, 2011 at 11:45 AM||comments (0)|
Found some images of an early Sculpture project in the form a gaint wave machine.
and an action shot.....
|Posted by thatcircleguy on April 17, 2011 at 5:50 AM||comments (43)|
Now the Sculpture has been finished the real work begins.
For transport the work was secured in the back of a large truck; passing through the door with just millimeters to spare!!!
Unloaded in Val Andre
The work looked great out on the boardwalk...
instantly attaching the attention of passes by and bringing them into the gallery.
Then people started to arrive for the opening, a very pleasant affair and the expo was open officially by the major of Val Andre.
Here he is with the artist - from left to right Mayor, J Marie M and RG.
I would like to say a huge thank you to Rachel and Damien for requesting me to be involved in such and interesting and fun project.
I look for to the day where I can see 5 or 7 of these giant figures walking together somewhere.
|Posted by thatcircleguy on April 15, 2011 at 12:15 AM||comments (0)|
Two coats of paint, one coat of a vanish/paint mix and a final coat of vanish and we are finished.
First a complementary base coat in Yellow,
a ruff coat of "slate grey" and two coats of vanish later and "voilà".....
here is the artist Rachel GRATON applying the final coat of vanish,
all in time for opening of the expo on Saturday - All Welcome.
|Posted by thatcircleguy on April 10, 2011 at 6:20 AM||comments (8)|
Huge progress in the last two weeks!
While I have been off on holiday in the French Alp's, Rachel spent a very productive week in the shed.
She refined the figure even further, making her much slimmer and more graceful. Then adding filler to fill in all the gaps and sanding it to the require finish. I one week She managed to finish all the sculpting, filling and sanding completing the sculptural side of the project.
Next stage was to work on the base, we had these two stands made then heated up the metal and inserted it into the foam melting it as we went; hard work but the final result was very satisfactory.
Here are the plates inserted.
Next was a coat of Stryoprime, a latex paint to seal the foam and prepare the figure for the Styrospray 1000.
A rigid resin coat that seals and strengthens the form. Three coats were enough to give us the finish we desired.
Now for the top coat of acrylic paint.
|Posted by thatcircleguy on March 25, 2011 at 1:50 PM||comments (0)|
Working on finding the inter woman
|Posted by thatcircleguy on March 22, 2011 at 4:01 PM||comments (0)|
Another two days work and the sculpture is coming along very nicely.
Started by cutting the basic form them refining it little by little.
|Posted by thatcircleguy on March 20, 2011 at 3:44 PM||comments (0)|
Rachel and I have spent most of the weekend working on the sculpture.
Finished cutting all the shapes; stacked and glued them into Three sections, almost finished shaping the legs and started on the upper body.
Lots of progress made everything progressing well.
|Posted by thatcircleguy on March 19, 2011 at 8:20 AM||comments (0)|
All the basic shapes not cut and stacked for the first time.
|Posted by thatcircleguy on March 16, 2011 at 6:20 PM||comments (1)|
These will be cut to create the slices as seen in the 3d image.